Examples of activities, efforts, and programs to support Well-being:
- The HHS Office of Professional Worklife is responsible for the work lives and wellness of 700+ healthcare providers at Hennepin Healthcare.
- Institute of Professional Worklife - performs national and international projects in burnout reduction with the American Medical Association (AMA), the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), and large healthcare organizations seeking to reduce burnout through worklife and workflow improvements.
- Provider Wellness Survey based on the HHS-created Mini Z 1.0 Survey.
- Action plans developed based on data to address specific provider concerns, even at the Division level
- Department of Medicine Wellness Champions are local mini-experts in wellness who support wellness in the department. Wellness Champions meet monthly as part of the Hennepin Healthcare Provider Wellness Committee to share issues/ideas/suggestions on supporting provider wellness with other departments’ Wellness Champions.
- “in lieu” days offered to give providers a day of rest after a week of in-service.
- Reset Room - Private room with water, yoga mat, recliner, computer, and flameless candles to go 24/7 when a quiet moment is needed
- Belzer Family Provider Dining and Wellness Center - Open 24/7 with badge access – Food counter - Exercise room - Shower and changing room - Linens
- Research on provider wellness, burnout prevention, and moral injury